Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Giving Back


This year, my kids and I are participating in Samaritan's Purse's Operation Christmas Child. It's a fairly inexpensive way to help children in need during the Christmas season. I want my kids to know that Christmas is not just about Santa and getting presents. It's nice to be able to give back.

With OCC, you fill a shoe box (or small plastic box) with small toys, school supplies, hygiene items and other things you think the child may like. Decide if it's for a boy or girl and the age range intended and pay $7 per box for help in shipping. You can mail the box to Samaritan's Purse or drop off at a location convenient to you. (Check the website for drop off locations closest to your zip code.)

We've done this in years past and my kids really enjoy going to the store and picking out items for these boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment