Wednesday, September 2, 2009

WFMW ~ Organizing Food







After cleaning out my garage freezer and finding over eight pounds of chicken stashed in the back, I decided to "inventory" my freezer. I listed everything in there on a spreadsheet for a quick look at what I had. After finishing that, I also inventoried my fridge freezer, my basement freezer chest and my lazy susan. Now when I'm trying to figure out what to make for dinner or menu plan, I can just look at my lists. Much easier than standing in front of an open freezer! Brrr......

3 comments:

  1. I need to do this! We got a smaller fridge recently that has a tiny freezer and I can't see what's in there anymore!
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea. This is one of those things that I keep wanting to do, but never actually doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Clever. This will help in preventing wasted food too!

    ReplyDelete